Our school environment welcomes and respects people from all backgrounds.
Browse this section to find out how we work with you to provide a safe and caring learning environment for your child and also keep informed about support for school families.
There are many reasons why you should send your child to
Irrawang High School..
- A broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- Junior School – Middle School initiatives, Stage 3- 4 supportive & strong ongoing Transition program with our partner Primary Schools
- Senior School – fully staffed Learning & Support Centre, increasing proportion of students achieving Band 5 & 6 results
- Dedicated Senior Study area
- Comprehensive Gifted & Talented (GATS) program
- An outstanding Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) program
- Four specialised classes catering for students with a variety of disability levels
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander leadership programs
- 21st century technology – smart boards in every classroom
- Many levels of communication – monthly newsletter, website, SMS, school app for smartphones, facebook
- Increasing enrolments in 2018
- State-of- the-Art Primary Industries facilities
- Robust school to work & Vocational Education Training programs
- Weekly Breakfast Club – free breakfast to all students
- Staffed weekly Homework Centre (Snack n Study)– afternoon tea included
- Monthly P&C Meetings – 4th Monday of the month at 6.00pm
- Weekly after school art classes